Daily Archives: December 28, 2013

Syria ‘unlikely’ to meet chemical deadline – UN

Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) wins the Nobel Peace Prize 2013

Syria is “unlikely” to meet a December 31 deadline to transport its most dangerous chemical arms out of the country, the United Nations acknowledged Saturday.

The UN and the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons said “important progress” has been made on Syria’s banned weapons, but called on President Bashar al-Assad‘s government to “intensify efforts” to meet internationally set deadlines to eliminate its arsenal.

Syrian chemicals removal may be delayed – OPCW

Activities on the removal of the most hazardous chemicals from Syria may last longer than expected, Franz Krawinkler, the OPCW’s logistics head, has said.

“Probably, there will be a delay for various external reasons, including weather. Some of the materials needed for the transportation of chemicals can’t be delivered on time,” Krawinkler stated in an interview to the Austrian ORF television and radio company.

The expert added that an ever-changing situation in Syrian battlefields also leads to delays.

According to a previously approved OPCW plan, the most hazardous chemicals are to be taken away from Syria by December 31, 2013.

Yesterday, Mikhail Ulyanov, the head of the Russian Foreign Ministry‘s Department of Security Affairs and Disarmament, also mentioned the possibility of a delay.

“By December 31, which is real soon, we’re certainly not going to make it. Nobody knows when we start the removal of chemicals but I think I won’t be announcing it in advance in order not to tip off militants willing to wreck an operation,” he stated.

Read more: http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_12_29/Syria-unlikely-to-meet-chemical-deadline-UN-7220/

Libya releases 4 U.S. military personnel; Obama updated in Hawaii – Washington Times

53676

WASHINGTON — Four U.S. military personnel investigating potential evacuation routes in Libya were taken into custody at a checkpoint and then detained briefly by the Libyan government before being released, U.S. officials said Friday night.

These four military personnel were operating in an area near the coastal city of Sabratha in northwestern Libya as part of security preparedness efforts when they were taken into custody, State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said in a statement. Sabathra, about 40 miles west of Tripoli, is a popular tourist area with its ancient Roman ruins.

No one was injured. The military personnel were taken to the U.S. Embassy after their release, a Defense Department official said. The official was not authorized to discuss the incident by name and requested anonymity.

The four were supporting U.S. Marine security forces protecting the American Embassy, the official said. They were likely U.S. special operations forces, which have been deployed to Libya.

An altercation apparently took place at the checkpoint, the Defense Department official said. Reports of gunfire could not be confirmed.

After they were detained at the checkpoint, the Americans were transferred to the Ministry of the Interior and held for a few hours, the official said. Psaki said U.S. officials were still trying to confirm details of the incident.

“We value our relationship with the new Libya,” Psaki said. “We have a strategic partnership based on shared interests and our strong support for Libya’s historic democratic transition.”

The U.S. Embassy in Tripoli includes a security detail. The embassy’s personnel are restricted in their movements in Libya.

Libya has been marked by unrest since the ouster in 2011 of longtime dictator Moammar Gadhafi. Armed groups that fought Gadhafi’s army turned themselves into militias that exploited the weakness of the weak central government in Tripoli and operate independently of the police and the military.

In September 2012, terrorists attacked the U.S. diplomatic mission at Benghazi, Libya, killing U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

President Obama, who was vacationing in Hawaii, was updated about the incident by staff from the White House’s National Security Council, officials said.

Libya releases 4 U.S. military personnel; Obama updated in Hawaii – Washington Times.

GREATEST HITS 2013 : Former Joint Chiefs chairman: Obama plotted to destabilize regimes in Bahrain, Egypt

[Ret.] Gen. Hugh Shelton, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

[Ret.] Gen. Hugh Shelton, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Friday, December 27th, 2013 – Special to WorldTribune.com

Originally published Oct. 3, 2013

[Editors Note: The following report was based in part on a report by the Gulf Daily News in Bahrain which has been disputed by the government of Bahrain and the U.S embassy there. The Gulf Daily news stands by its report. See: Bahrain, U.S. embassy deny reports of statements attributed to Gen. Shelton]

WASHINGTON — The United States was said to have planned to destabilize at least two Arab countries over the last two years.

A former leading U.S. military commander asserted that the administration of President Barack Obama worked to destabilize the regimes of Bahrain and Egypt, Middle East Newsline reported.

37788

[Ret.] Gen. Hugh Shelton, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said the administration’s drive against Bahrain, wracked by a Shi’ite revolt, was led by the intelligence community.  [See WorldTribune’s Greatest Hits]

America thought Bahrain was an easy prey that will serve as key to the collapse of the GCC [Gulf Cooperation Council] regime and lead to giant oil companies controlling oil in the Gulf,” Shelton said.

In an interview on the U.S. network Fox News, Shelton said the administration plot was foiled by Bahraini King Hamad in 2011. He said Hamad agreed to a Saudi-sponsored decision by the GCC to send thousands of troops to Bahrain to help quell the Shi’ite revolt, attributed to Iran.

Shelton, who met Hamad during his assignment to the U.S. Navy Fifth Fleet, based in Manama, said the administration plot harmed relations with both Bahrain as well as neighboring Saudi Arabia. He said Riyad ended any trust in Washington after it was found to have helped the Shi’ites in Bahrain.

The former Joint Chiefs chairman, who served under President Bill Clinton and President George W. Bush, said Egypt stopped a drive by Obama to destabilize Egypt in 2013. Shelton said Egyptian Defense Minister Abdul Fatah Sisi, a former intelligence chief, also detected a U.S. plot to support the ruling Muslim Brotherhood amid unprecedented unrest. On July 3, Sisi led a coup that overthrew Egypt’s first Islamist president, Mohammed Morsi.

6500--

“Had Gen. Al Sisi not deposed Morsi, Egypt would have today become another Syria and its military would have been destroyed,” Shelton said. Shelton, who did not disclose his sources of information, said Arab allies of the United States have moved away from Washington. He cited the new alliance between Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates against the Brotherhood.

“I expect calm to be restored in Egypt,” Shelton said. “Gen. Al Sisi has put an end to the new Middle East project.

via GREATEST HITS 2013: Former Joint Chiefs chairman: Obama plotted to destabilize regimes in Bahrain, Egypt | World Tribune.

Flautre accuses Erdoğan with being ‘irresponsible’ in corruption scandal

Hélène Flautre, the co-chairwoman of the EU-Turkey Joint Parliamentary Committee, speaks in an exclusive interview with the Cihan news agency.

28 December 2013 /TODAYSZAMAN.COM, İSTANBUL

Hélène Flautre, the co-chairwoman of the EUTurkey Joint Parliamentary Committee, released a statement on Saturday in which she criticized Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan with being “irresponsible” for accusing those who investigate the recent corruption probe.

“I observe the recent developments in Turkey with extreme vigilance, which greatly affect the credit of Prime Minister. In his statements, he accuses those who investigating the probe rather than require light on serious allegations of corruption involving his family is irresponsible. Allegations are certainly not findings, and justice must now continue its work in serenity and independence,” Flautre said.

Flautre’s statement came after the Council of State‘s decision on Friday to cancel the Erdoğan government’s executive order requiring police and prosecutors to notify their superiors of all investigations, effectively giving the government advance warning of what should be secret investigations.

“This is a serious political crisis and the European Union must stand firmly on the side of the defense of the rule of law, avoiding any exploitation of the situation,” her statement added.

After the cancellation of the order by the Council of State on Friday, Erdoğan said he would prosecute Turkey’s top judicial body if he had the authority because it “committed a crime.”

Erdoğan claimed the Supreme Board of Judges and Prosecutors (HSYK) has committed a crime by issuing a statement about a judicial police regulation while it was being assessed at the Council of State. On Thursday, the HSYK has harshly criticized the new judicial police regulation, saying that it is in violation of the Turkish Constitution.

The Erdoğan government’s interference into and pressure on the judiciary was met with a huge backlash from opposition parties, bar associations, advocacy groups and the media. It has raised concerns of an attempted government cover-up of the corruption probe that has implicated prominent people in the business community and government.

Flautre accuses Erdoğan with being ‘irresponsible’ in corruption scandal – Today’s Zaman, your gateway to Turkish daily news.

Corruption Scandal Implicates Turkish PM Erdogan’s Son

A Turkish court has issued a warrant for detention of Turkish Prime Minister’s son Bilal Erdogan, local newspaper Radikal reported.

The son of PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan is under investigation for ‘establishing and belonging to a criminal organization for gain’.

The investigation is part of the high-profile corruption scandal that shook Erdogan’s cabinet.

PM Recep Erdogan confirmed in front of journalists Thursday that investigators were now looking at a charitable foundation, Service for Youth and Education Foundation of Turkey, of which his son, Bilal, sits on the management board.

They are said to be looking at amendments to a construction plan for a building leased by the foundation – to a local Istanbul council – as student accommodation. Bilal Erdogan is suspected of committing serious violations.

PM Erdogan has repeatedly said he believes he is the real target of the probe, behind which he sees a scenario for the overthrow of power in Turkey.

Hundreds of people across Turkey walked out on the streetsin Istanbul, Izmir, Adana and other cities Thursday evening, calling for the PM’s resignation.

– See more at: http://www.novinite.com/articles/156752/Corruption+Scandal+Implicates+Turkish+PM+Erdogan%27s+Son#sthash.dOwLpq9g.dpuf

A Turkish court has issued a warrant for detention of Turkish Prime Minister’s son Bilal Erdogan, local newspaper Radikal reported.

The son of PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan is under investigation for ‘establishing and belonging to a criminal organization for gain’.

The investigation is part of the high-profile corruption scandal that shook Erdogan’s cabinet.

PM Recep Erdogan confirmed in front of journalists Thursday that investigators were now looking at a charitable foundation, Service for Youth and Education Foundation of Turkey, of which his son, Bilal, sits on the management board.

They are said to be looking at amendments to a construction plan for a building leased by the foundation – to a local Istanbul council – as student accommodation. Bilal Erdogan is suspected of committing serious violations.

PM Erdogan has repeatedly said he believes he is the real target of the probe, behind which he sees a scenario for the overthrow of power in Turkey.

Hundreds of people across Turkey walked out on the streetsin Istanbul, Izmir, Adana and other cities Thursday evening, calling for the PM’s resignation.

– See more at: http://www.novinite.com/articles/156752/Corruption+Scandal+Implicates+Turkish+PM+Erdogan%27s+Son#sthash.dOwLpq9g.dpuf

bilal erdogan

bilal erdogan

A Turkish court has issued a warrant for detention of Turkish Prime Minister’s son Bilal Erdogan, local newspaper Radikal reported.

The son of PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan is under investigation for ‘establishing and belonging to a criminal organization for gain’.

The investigation is part of the high-profile corruption scandal that shook Erdogan’s cabinet.

PM Recep Erdogan confirmed in front of journalists Thursday that investigators were now looking at a charitable foundation, Service for Youth and Education Foundation of Turkey, of which his son, Bilal, sits on the management board.

They are said to be looking at amendments to a construction plan for a building leased by the foundation – to a local Istanbul council – as student accommodation. Bilal Erdogan is suspected of committing serious violations.

PM Erdogan has repeatedly said he believes he is the real target of the probe, behind which he sees a scenario for the overthrow of power in Turkey.

Hundreds of people across Turkey walked out on the streetsin Istanbul, Izmir, Adana and other cities Thursday evening, calling for the PM’s resignation.

Corruption Scandal Implicates Turkish PM Erdogan’s Son – Novinite.com – Sofia News Agency.

 

ضاحى خلفان يهاجم ” قناة الجزيرة” : إرهابية هدفها تدمير الخليج

دبي، الإمارات العربية المتحدة (CNN)

شن نائب رئيس الشرطة والأمن العام في إمارة دبي، الفريق ضاحي خلفان تميم، هجوماً ضارياً على قناة “الجزيرة”، واصفاً إياها بأنها “وسيلة من وسائل الجماعات الإرهابية”، محذراً من أنها تهدف إلى تدمير الخليج

واعتبر الفريق خلفان، في تغريدة على حسابه بموقع “تويتر”، أن الفضائية القطرية “محطة لخدمة الإخوان”، في إشارة إلى جماعة “الإخوان المسلمين”، التي أعلنتها الحكومة المصرية “تنظيماً إرهابياً“، كما تجري محاكمة “خلية إخوانية” بدولة الإمارات

وكتب قائد شرطة دبي السابق، ضمن سلسلة تغريدات على مدار الساعات الماضية: “شخصياً أقترح أن يكون اسم قناة الجزيرة اللائق لها.. قناة رابعة الجزيرة“، كما وصفها في إحدى تغريداته بأنها “محطة الرأي ولا رأي آخر.. رابعة الجزيرة كارثة”

وحذر المسؤول الأمني الإماراتي من أن “المحطة إذا ظلت بيد الإخوان.. محطة تحرض على الإرهاب”، وأضاف أن “ترك المحطة بيد جماعات مشبوهة كارثة”، معتبراً أنها “مشروع تأجيج أزمات في الوطن العربي

ودعا خلفان إلى إغلاق مكاتب الجزيرة في دول الخليج، قائلاً: “أحذر كل دول الخليج من مخطط الجزيرة القادم لدول المنطقة.. الهدف القادم للجزيرة تدمير الخليج.. مكاتب قناة الجزيرة في الخليج يجب أن تغلق.. دول الخليج معنية بالأمر أكثر من غيرها.. هذه المحطة وسيلة من وسائل الجماعة الإرهابية”

وفيما ذكر أن “الجزيرة فيها نخبة من الإعلاميين اليهود المشاهير!”، فقد نشر خلفان على صفحته يظهر فيها الرئيس الإسرائيلي، شمعون بيريز،  يرافقها تعليق كتب فيه: “صديق مرسى العظيم وهو خارج من قناة الجزيرة”، في إشارة إلى الرسالة التي بعث بها الرئيس المصري “المعزول”، محمد مرسي، لنظيره الإسرائيلي

كما تطرق المسؤول الإماراتي إلى الأزمة الراهنة في تركيا، أحد أبرز حلفاء جماعة “الإخوان”، حيث كتب في إحدى تغريداته: “هبوط الليرة التركية إلى أدنى مستوى لها بسبب قضية الفساد الكبرى في تاريخ تركيا المعاصر”، وتابع في تغريدة ثانية: “قلنا للإخوان أن حزب العدالة والتنمية التركي طايح، ما صدقوا

 

وفاة جريح ترفع ضحايا تفجير بيروت إلى 7 قتلى

 دبي، الإمارات العربية المتحدة  (CNN)

 رفعت وفاة شاب لبناني متأثراً بجراح بالغة أصيب بها في تفجير وسط بيروت، الجمعة، عدد القتلى إلى سبعة، من بينهم وزير المالية الأسبق محمد شطح، الذي نددت الولايات المتحدة باغتياله، في حين دعت الأمم المتحدة كافة الأطراف اللبنانية إلى ضبط النفس

ونقلت الوكالة الوطنية للإعلام الرسمية أن:  “عدد ضحايا تفجير ستاركو ارتفع الى 7، مع وفاة الشاب محمد الشعار صباح اليوم، متأثراً بجروحه في مستشفى الجامعة الاميركية في بيروت

وأعلن رئيس الحكومة اللبنانية، نجيب ميقاتي، الأحد يوم حداد عام على محمد شطح، ودعا اللبنانيين للوقوف، في منتصف اليوم، خمس دقائق استنكارا لهذه “الجريمة النكراء”، طبقاً للمصدر

وكان وزير الخارجية الأمريكي، جون كيري، قد أدان بشدة “اغتيال” شطح، فيما أعرب الأمين العام للأمم المتحدة، بان كي مون، عن انزعاجه الشديد لأعمال الإرهاب المتكررة في لبنان، والتي تشكل تهديدا خطيرا لاستقرار البلاد واللحمة الوطنية

وحث كي مون جميع الأطراف اللبنانية، على ضبط النفس في هذا الوقت، وعلى دعم مؤسسات الدولة، وشدد على أهمية تقديم مرتكبي هذه الجريمة للمثول أمام العدالة

انباء عن هرب ” بلال ” نجل رئيس الوزراء التركى ” اردوغان ” الى جورجيا خوفا من اعتقاله بعد ثبات تورطه فى قضية الفساد الكبرى

2egypt-fahmy-foreign-turkey.siأ ش أ

ترددت اليوم انباء حول هروب بلال نجل رئيس الوزراء التركي رجب طيب أردوغان, من تركيا إلى جورجيا دون استخدام جواز السفر
وذكرت صحيفة “يورت” التركية اليوم السبت أن هذه المزاعم تشير إلى أن بلال أردوغان هرب على إثر إعلان قائمة أسماء متورطة في قضايا فساد ورشاوي طالت عددا كبيرا من السياسيين ورجال الأعمال والبيروقراطيين للاشتباه في تورطهم في التلاعب والتزوير والفساد في 28 مناقصة تصل قيمتها إلى 100 مليار دولار
وأكد رئيس حزب اليسار الديمقراطي معصوم توركر, في تصريحات خاصة لمحطة “الشعب” الفضائية الإخبارية صحة أنباء هروب بلال أردوغان من تركيا خوفا من اعتقاله

هذا وقد أصدر المدعي العام باسطنبول أمرًا بضبط وإحضار نجل رئيس الوزراء التركي بلال رجب طيب أردوغان، للتحقيق معه في 2 يناير المقبل لتورطه في جرائم مالية في حق الدولة

Obama US LibyaRelated articles

أخبار العالمفضيحة الفساد تطرق أبواب أسرة رئيس الوزراء التركي | أخبار تركيا |.

فضيحة الفساد تطرق أبواب أسرة رئيس الوزراء التركي
رغم التعديل الوزاري الواسع الذي أجراه بشكل عاجل، مساء الأربعاء، لا يزال رئيس الوزراء التركي رجب طيب أردوغان في موقف ضعيف بسبب فضيحة الفساد غير المسبوقة التي تهز البلاد، والتي يبدو أنها باتت تهدد أسرته مباشرة، خاصة نجله

وعوضاً عن تهدئة العاصفة السياسية التي أثارها القضاء الأسبوع الماضي، توارى التعديل الحكومي ليطغى على الساحة الصراع المستعر بين مدعي إسطنبول المكلفين التحقيق في الملف وبين قيادتهم على خلفية الحرب المفتوحة بين السلطة الإسلامية المحافظة ومنظمة الداعية الإسلامي فتح الله جولن

وبعد أيام من الشائعات أكدت وسائل الإعلام التركية، الخميس، أن التحقيق بدأ يتجه إلى أحد نجلي أردوغان. وذكرت صحيفة “ملييت” أن رئيس الحكومة أعرب عن قلقه للمقربين منه قائلاً إن “الهدف الرئيس لهذه العملية هو أنا”

وتوقعت صحيفة “جمهوريت” المعارضة “زلزالاً” في قمة الدولة، مشيرة إلى تورّط منظمة غير حكومية في هذه الفضيحة، وهي المؤسسة التركية لخدمة الشباب والتربية “تورغيف”، التي يرأسها بلال نجل أردوغان الكبير

القاهره .. إحراق كلية بجامعة الازهر واعتقال عشرات البلطجيه المسلحين

السبت  28 ديسمبر, 2013 – 11:05  بتوقیت القاهره

قتل طالب وأصيب 4 آخرون، في اشتباكات بين قوات الأمن وطلاب مسلحين مؤيدين لجماعة الإخوان المسلمين الارهابيه ، السبت، في جامعة الأزهر بمنطقة مدينة نصر شرقي القاهرة

واشتعلت النيران بعدد من كليات الجامعة، منها مبنى كلية التجارة التي أتت النيران عليه بالكامل بعد ان اقتحم طلاب من جماعة الإخوان المسلمين الارهابيه مبنى كليات التجارة وأصول الدين والعلوم والزراعة، في محاولة لتعطيل سير الامتحانات وحرقوا كلية التجارة ،ومزقوا أرقام الجلوس وكذلك قاموا بتحطيم بعض المدرجات في محاولة لإرهاب الطلاب”

قتل طالب وأصيب 4 آخرون جراء المواجهات، حسبما أكدت وزارة الصحة وأعلنت وزارة الداخلية القبض على 60 من “مثيري الشغب” والبلطجيه بجامعة الأزهر، “بحوزتهم أسلحة

وألغيت الامتحانات بعدد من كليات الجامعة، وغادر الطلاب مقار اللجان، في حين عقد رئيس جامعة الأزهر أسامة العبد اجتماعا طارئا مع قيادات أمنية، لبحث مصير الامتحانات وإمكانية استئنافها من عدمه

5467888

وتزامنت المواجهات مع اليوم الأول من امتحانات الفصل الدراسي الأول في عدد من كليات الجامعة، التي تشهد على مدار الأسابيع الماضية احتجاجات من طلاب مؤيدين للجماعه الارهابيه

وأطلقت قوات الأمن قنابل الغاز المسيل للدموع لتفريق الطلاب المحتجين، الذين أغلقوا أبواب بعض الكليات لمنع إجراء الامتحانات، فيما قام الطلاب برشق قوات الأمن بالحجارة

ووقعت عمليات كر وفر بين الطرفين داخل الجامعة وخارجها، وتصاعدت ألسنة الدخان الكثيف من داخل الحرم الجامعي

قتل 5 أشخاص على الأقل الجمعة، في مختلف محافظات مصر، على خلفية احتجاجات لأنصار جماعة الإخوان ، بعد يومين من قرار الحكومة اعتبار الإخوان “جماعة إرهابية